Following a widespread review and consultation as part of the Europaeum's 15th anniversary, new governance arrangements have been introduced.
A new Board of Trustees has been established to provide overall guidance to the organisation; to develop new initiatives;, to focus fund-raising efforts; and to provide added visibility. The Board, currently chaired by M Pierre Keller, will have up to 15 members - including two co-opted Europaeum rectors.
A new Europaeum Academic Council has been created - out of the former Council and Academic Committee - responsible for academic policy and implementation, comprising the rectors and heads of all Europaeum partner institutions plus additional academic nominees. The Council is to be chaired by Dr Andrew Graham, chair of the Oxford Europaeum Group. A full range of disciplines are represented on the Council.
Day-to-day advice to the Secretary-General and Office is to be provided by a new five-strong cross-disciplinary Steering Group, comprising representatives nominated via the Academic Council.
The Liaison Co-Ordinators' Group , comprising a designated officer from each partner institution, usually linked to the International Office, is also responsible for supporting the Office and helping to publicize and implement Europaeum events, activities and policies, and meets annual at the same time as the annual meeting of the Europaeum Academic Council.The current members of the Liason Co-Ordinators' Group are:
- Dr Giovanna Filippini (Bologna)
- Violeta Tabus (Bonn)
- Dr Laurent Neury (Geneva)
- Marie-Louise Hindsberg (Helsinki)
- Ms Agnieszka Sadecka (Krakow)
- Dr Eric Beerkens (Leiden)
- Mrs Juana Amoros (Madrid)
- Mrs Hattie Moody (Oxford)
- Professor Christine Mengin (Paris I-Sorbonne) or Professor Nicolas Vaicbourdt (Paris I-Sorbonne)
- Ing. Ivana Halašková (Prague)
- Julio Crespo MacLennan (Fundación Ortega Marañón)
- Jose Tomaz Castello Branco (IEP Lisbon)
The Europaeum is co-ordinated by its Secretary-General, Dr Paul Flather, and is currently supported in the office Programme Assistant Bhuvaneshwari Kalaiyarasan and graduate intern Tessa Schild.