Professor Sir Adam Roberts
Member of the UK Defence Academy Advisory Board (2003- ). Honorary Fellow of the London School of Economics & Political Science, and of St Antony's College Oxford. Former member of the Council of the International Institute for Strategic Studies, London (2002-8).
- Delivered the Europaeum Lecture International Law and the Use of Military Force : The United Nations, the United States and Iraq at the Universiteit Leiden on June 6th, 2003.
International security, international organizations, and international law (including the laws of war). He has also worked extensively on the role of civil resistance against dictatorial regimes and foreign rule, and on the history of thought about international relations.
- President of the British Academy;
- Emeritus Fellow of Balliol College, Oxford
Work on books and articles related to the following two externally-funded research projects at Oxford University:
- Oxford Leverhulme Programme on the Changing Character of War, January 2004- . Website: http://ccw.modhist.ox.ac.uk. (Member of Steering Committee, 2003-9, Senior Research Associate 2009- .) Several publications listed below, including the edited book on The UN Security Council and War, are products of this programme.
- Oxford University Project on Civil Resistance and Power Politics, January 2005- . Website: http://cis.politics.ox.ac.uk/research/Projects/civ_res.asp. (Chair, Organizing Committee, January 2005- .) The edited book Civil Resistance and Power Politics, listed below, is the main product of this project.
- Currently working on a book on Liberal International Order.
Broad Street Oxford OX1 3BJ
T: (01865) 285941